These pages contain articles from the populace of the Kingdom of Lochac, Other Kingdoms, State Government Departments, & other organisations, covering such topics as advertising, media relations, recruiting, demos, displays. The aim of these articles is to share knowledge and experience between groups to help promote the growth of the SCA within the Kingdom of Lochac.
- Luring Newcomers via Your Group Website – Bartholomew Baskin
- Forward Into the Past– A introductory booklet published by the Society. (PDF)
What is the SCA – Getting Started – Fitting In – What to Wear and How to Behave – Making a T-tunic – Names and Personas – Kingdom & Local Officers – SCA Combat – Who is Who? – Heraldry – Guilds, Households and Sociability – The Gentle Arts and Sciences
- Advice to Newcomers – (PDF) Whether a long time SCA member brought you to your first meeting or you came by yourself, there’s always a period of adjustment. Here’s how to get yourself oriented quickly and begin to have some fun.
- Newcomers Are Nice – Advice to Established members. (PDF) Sometimes long time members are just as unsure about approaching newcomers as you are about approaching them! This article may help you both meet in the middle.
- The Provost Handbook – Some useful recruitment information starts a few paragraphs down the page.
- Recruitment Tips and Ideas or “How to grow by fostering recruitment and promotion” collated by Mistress Ginevra Isabella di Serafino Visconti and Mistress katherine kerr
- Retention Tips and Ideas or “How to Develop Newcomers and Encourage Long-term Members” collated by Mistress Ginevra Isabella di Serafino Visconti and Mistress katherine kerr